Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Paramedic - Ambulance Services
at Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Baton Rouge, LA
Work Hours: 12
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Administers advanced life support care to sick or injured persons.
- Functions in uncommon situations with the understanding of stress response and methods to ensure personal well-being.
- Understands body substance isolation.
- Functions with the understanding of medical-legal principals associated with emergency care.
- Responds to emergency and on-emergency calls calmly, efficiently, and promptly.
- Recognizes the need to administer advanced life support to patients at the scene, en route to the hospital and in any pre-hospital setting in accordance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and standards.
- Assess the nature and extent of injury or illness to establish and prioritize medical procedures that follow.
- Respond to emergencies as the in-house paramedic on the Rapid Response Team and provide care to inpatients, outpatients, visitors, and any walk-in medical response needs in accordance with Baton Rouge General’s policy and guidelines.
- Treating patient at the scene, en route to the hospital, and in any pre-hospital setting in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and standards and in accordance with Baton Rouge General policies and guidelines.
- Perform emergency diagnostic and treatment procedures, such as airway management, cardiac monitoring, and medication administration/infusions.
- Treatment of cardiac dysrhythmias and perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), including the proper use of cardiac monitor with capabilities to provide transcutaneous pacing, synchronized cardioversion, and defibrillation.
- Administers medications via most appropriate route utilizing standard orders as provided on the appropriate protocol or use of medical direction.
- Provide and manage care of any traumatic injury including the use of all basic and advanced equipment.
- Complete patient care forms, insurance forms, and all other forms in a competent and timely manner.
- Responsible for the storage and usage of all controlled substances as per policy.
1 year experience as a paramedic
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Nationally certified Paramedic, State of Louisiana Paramedic License
Valid LA Class D Chauffer’s license
BLS-Basic Life Support
Crises Prevention training (within 6 months of hire)
ALS –Advanced Cardiac Life Support
PALS- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (within 6 months of hire)
NRP- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (within 6 months of hire)
Physically capable of performing job
Clean driving record
Knowledge of LA traffic laws and proper driving techniques. Some prior knowledge of layout of assigned territory preferred.
Able to understand and carry out instructions; able to comprehend and follow traffic signs. Able to transport assigned materials from building to vehicle and vice-versa. Dependable and motivated to complete duties without constant supervision.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: Medical records without limitation both paper and electronic, patient demographics, lab and radiology results, patient information related to surgery or appointment schedules, information related to patient location, religious beliefs and/or public health records, medical records related to quality/data, patient financial information and/or 3rd party billing, patient-related complaints, research information, employee health records and/or employee prescriptions.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: Incident reporting, PPE, exposure control plans, hand washing, environment of care, patient identification, administers medications, validates, transports, monitors or observes patients for procedures including infusion pumps, and monitors clinical alarms.