Brattleboro Memorial Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Brattleboro Memorial Hospital
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 3683
Categories: Healthcare - Paramedics/EMT's
Work Hours: Varies
- POSITION SUMMARY
- The Emergency Department Paramedic is responsible to assist the Care Delivery Team in the efficient operation of the department and will be under the direct supervision of the ED RN/ ED Physician. The Paramedic will assist in providing care to meet the needs of the patient and department. Duties will include: Assessment: Interviews the patient and/or family to obtain a comprehensive history and to obtain data about patient's development status, behavior, cultural, and health concerns. Examines the patient to obtain objective physical data, Reviews clinical data from diagnostic studies and previous records. Completes a physical and psychosocial assessment based on interview, examination and review of clinical data. Based on assessment, identifies diagnoses/patient care problems. Collaborates with RN in triage by establishing priorities and initiating treatments. Does not replace ED triage RN. Documents data and assessment on appropriate form according to instructions. Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to address patient needs. Reassesses patient status at established time frames and as indicated by the patient's status. Reports status and changes in status as appropriate. Assesses potential for development of crisis situations and asks for assistance.
- Planning: Establishes goals with the patient and the family. Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to develop an integrated plan of care. Initiates discharge planning as an integral part of the plan of care at the time of admission and updates status of the discharge plan on a continuing basis. Documents plan of care appropriately and completely.
- Implementing Plan of Care: Coordinates and implements the medical diagnostic and therapeutic orders. Performs patient care tailored to the individual's needs. Provides for patient's dignity during provision of care. Assures calm, supportive and therapeutic environment for patients and their families, serving as an advocate when appropriate. Assesses the patient's response to and understanding of care provided. Documents implementation of care appropriately. Reports patient's response to care as indicated. Completes all required forms which support the continuum of care. Provides education based on patient/family's assessed needs. Participates in the care of patients with complex problems. Participates in procedures as requested.
- Evaluating Plan of Care: Reviews and updates the plan of care in collaboration with the patient/family and other multidisciplinary team members. Documents progress toward expected patient outcomes. Reassesses patients' abilities and incorporates anticipated needs into the plan of care. Adheres to safety, organizational and ethical standards including: BMH safety standards, BMH policies, guidelines and procedures, State of VT Paramedic protocols, Infection Control standards, Standards of confidentiality, and protection of patient rights.
- High School Graduate.
- EXPERIENCE/SKILL SETS:
- 5 or more years of ALS EMS or Paramedic experience preferred.
- Current Healthcare CPR Certification, Vermont State EMS License and NREMT Certification Paramedic
All above and: ACLS, PALS, PEPP or ENPC (obtain w/in 1 year of hire), PHTLS/ITLS (obtain w/in 1 year of hire)
- Preferred: AMLS, Critical Care Paramedic (Board Certification IBSC/BCCTPC), Advanced Airway Course, Ultrasound. CAMTs Approved Ventilator course or functional equivalent.
- Post hire requirements: Paramedic: Successful completion of ED Orientation