Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ALS/BLS Paramedic Flights Lead
at Centura Health
- SAH AIR AMBULANCE AT SMC
- SMC-ST MARY-CORWIN MEDICAL CTR
- Work Type
- FLSA Status
Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.
Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills – but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
Assists in meeting the physical and emotional needs of critically ill and injured patients. Promotes safe and efficient operation of Flight For Life. Serves in a leadership role for the paramedic and EMT groups. Participates in interviewing and hiring of paramedic and EMT crewmembers. Oversees orientation of new paramedics and EMT’s to the department and monitors certifications for compliance issues. Assist in writing performance feedback development for paramedics and EMT’s. Participates as a member of the Clinical Leadership Group.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- 3 years experience as an Paramedic provider in the pre-hospital area or with Flight For Life
- Colorado State Paramedic Certification and National Registry as a Paramedic required ((must maintain currency in all certifications required by Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport System (CAMTS))
- BLS and ACLS certifications from the American Heart Association required
- PALS from the American Heart Association required within 6 months of hire or transfer
- NRP required within 12 months of hire or transfer
- Critical Care Endorsement from the CDPHE required within 2 years of hire
- Valid Driver’s License and pass the annual pre-check review of their driving record for safe vehicle operations
- High School Diploma or GED required
Physical requirements- Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly.
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health’s connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality
For more than 135 years, St. Mary-Corwin has cared for the people of Pueblo and the surrounding southern Colorado communities. Driven by a commitment to Pueblo and our healing ministry, St. Mary-Corwin is focused on its core areas of clinical strength: Cancer Care and Orthopedic Services. This concentration enables St. Mary-Corwin to serve the southern Colorado region with high-quality, high-value care for generations to come. Residents of Pueblo enjoy a moderate cost of living within this modern, mid-sized community while experiencing everything great about life in Colorado, including world-class nearby outdoor recreation, thriving local arts and culture, numerous parks, festivals and much more.