Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Paramedic - PRN - Breck Med Clinic
at Centura Health
- CHI PP&C BRECK FIRST AID STAT
- CHIC-BRECK MED CLINIC
- Work Type
- FLSA Status
Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health
Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills – but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
As a member of the multi-disciplinary Emergency Department team the paramedic provides direct care to the acutely sick and injured in an expanded scope. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Working with the Emergency Department team to provide direct care to patients with medical emergencies.
- Independently performing assessments, procedures, and documentation
- Medication administration to include po, IM, IV and wound anesthesia/digital blocks.
- Expanded Phlebotomy skills to include collecting, processing, and interpreting labs and cultures.
- Assisting the Emergency Physician with invasive procedures such as intubation and central lines.
- A variety of other tasks as approved by the Medical Director
Performs care for patients in an expanded scope of practice in accordance with the CDPHE, physician’s orders, procedures, established standards and policies. Responsible for implementing technical procedures and delivering quality care to Emergency Department patients safely and effectively, while following the philosophy and objectives of Centura Health in order to meet the healthcare needs of our patients and their families.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Three years of experience as a Paramedic provider in an Emergency department and/or pre-hospital 911 response agency or equivalent required
- Strong communication skills; ability to read, write, and speak English required
- Computer skills required
- Current registered Paramedic with the State of Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) required
- BLS (Basic Life Support) and ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) from the American Heart Association upon hire required
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) certification upon hire or within six months of hire/transfer date
- NRP (Neonatal/Resuscitation Program) preferred; required at free standing Emergency Department
- ITLS or PHTLS preferred
- Advanced Paramedic certification preferred, i.e. CCP-C, FP-C, or TP-C preferred
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health’s connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
St Anthony Summit Medical Center is a Level III Trauma Center serviced by Flight For Life® Colorado and nationally recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction. We provide a full range of medical specialties and health care services to Summit County and the surrounding areas including Surgical, Emergency, Critical Care, Birth Center, Orthopedic, Breast Care, Digital Mammography, Radiology & Imaging, Infusion Therapy Nuclear Medicine, Cardiology, Oncology, Summit Sleep Disorders Center, Ear Nose and Throat (ENT), Gastroenterology and Total Joint Replacement. In addition to 24/7, Level III emergency care at Summit Medical Center in Frisco, we hire seasonal associates four our three emergency mountain clinics at some of Colorado’s top destination ski resorts: Breckenridge, Copper Mountain and Keystone. Experience an amazing career while enjoying an unmatched quality of life!