City of Delaware Jobs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Charming Small-Town Feel. Modern Big-City Amenities.
The City of Delaware is a family-oriented community that blends a traditional hometown atmosphere with a modern, independent spirit. Delaware’s authentic downtown, well-established neighborhoods and cooperative governance provides a solid foundation for a career experience that fosters growth and creativity.
We've been around since 1808, have a population of 38,000 and are the county seat for one of the fastest growing counties in Ohio. We have 24 parks, 20 miles of trails, a golf course, an urban forest consisting of more than 15,000 trees, a state of the art Community Center YMCA and the Ironman 70.3 Ohio competition.
Plus, we have everything from unique restaurants and microbreweries to coffee shops and bakeries, boutiques to antiques, and farmer's markets to live music. We're also close to major retail shopping, malls, outlets, and a short drive to sports venues, OSU, and arts programming in Columbus.
Career Opportunities That Make A Difference In The Community
Whether you are an administrative professional, IT guru, someone who loves to work with your hands, a police officer, firefighter or perhaps a skilled manager, we have a career for you. Every position affords you the opportunity to impact the lives of the people who live, work and play in this community.
- Entry-level & Professional
I love working here in the IT department because I get to experience all aspects of the City. From working on the police cruiser laptops to turning the big knobs at the water plant, there's lots of diversity. That’s what makes working here interesting. I go home having learned more than anywhere else!
My favorite part of working for the City of Delaware is working with fellow employees. The strive for excellence and professionalism is next to none. =
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS), Ohio Police & Fire Pension Fund (OP&F), Deferred Compensation
- Paid Time Off including Vacation, Holiday, Sick, Personal
- Longevity Compensation, Clothing Allowance, Employee Recognition, Free Parking
- Free Optimal Health Screenings, Incentivized Wellness Program, Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Professional Development, Certification & Association Membership Support, Tuition Reimbursement