City of Glenn Heights
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Glenn Heights
- Job Description
The Glenn Heights Fire Department is seeking motivated individuals for an exciting career serving the citizens of Glenn Heights as a Firefighter Paramedic.
Applications are being accepted until position is filled. Proof of certifications must accompany your completed application when submitted.
Position: Firefighter Paramedic (Trainee)
Starting Probationary Salary $44,550
After successful completion of City 6-month Probation Period Salary $47,223
- Typical Duties
What is the hiring process?
All applicants must submit an online application at http://www.glennheightstx.gov/. Applicants must successfully pass each step of the hiring process before proceeding in the recruitment process:
- Physical Agility Assessment
- Background Investigation
- Oral Board Interviews
- Chief Interviews
- Pre-employment medical, physical and drug testing
- Education & Experience
Qualification for Candidate:
- Must be 18 years of age by physical agility test date.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must hold a minimum Basic Structural Firefighter certification with Texas Commission on Fire Protection
- Must hold a minimum Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic with Texas Department of State Health Services
- Supplemental Information
Retirement 2:1 match at 6% Texas Municipal Retirement System
Vacation – 12 days per year
Paid Holidays – 10 per year
Personnel Days – 1 regular and 1 for 9/11 Memorial Holiday
Health Insurance – 100 % for employee medical insurance
Other Incentives include:
- Certification pay
- TCFP Structural Firefighter Intermediate $600 annually
- TCFP Structural Firefighter Advanced $ 900 annually
- TCFP Structural Firefighter Master $ 1200 annually
- TCFP Basic Fire Inspector $300 annually
- TCFP Basic Arson Investigator $300 annually
- TCFP Driver Operator $300 annually
- Longevity pay $4.00 per month for each year of service with the City of Glenn Heights
- Assignment pay