City of Memphis, TN
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Memphis, TN
- Job Functions
Works under an assigned fire station Lieutenant and on-duty Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Lieutenant. Questions patient or other bystanders to gather medical information. Checks pulse and respiration of patient. Administers medical treatment in response to patient's medical condition. Determines whether to transport patient using ambulance or wing based on medical situation and according to orders and protocols. Communicates with medical personnel at hospital regarding medical treatment and/or condition of patient. Loads and unloads patients into and from ambulance. Drives emergency ambulance on an emergency call in a safe manner and transports patients to hospitals or medical facilities. Assists hospital personnel in emergency situations. Listens for alarm and details of radio message received from alarm office. Cleans equipment and inspects or tests equipment on apparatus.
- Typical Qualifications
OTHER FUNCTIONS: Performs additional functions (essential or otherwise) which may be assigned.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Assists other Firefighters in lifting and carrying a victim and stretcher weighing an average 220-240 pounds (160-180 pound victim average and 60 pound stretcher). Requires walking, running, standing, lifting, climbing, stooping, etc.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Works from assigned fire station to perform paramedic duties in emergency vehicles, such as ambulances at emergency scenes. Must be able to work an eight (8) hour shift which equals a forty (40) hour work week/eighty (80) hours during a pay period or a twelve (12) hour shift which may equal up to a forty-two (42) hour work week and up to eighty-four (84) hours during a pay period. May be exposed to contagious infections and diseases. May be exposed to extreme weather conditions. Interacts with the public under possibly stressful and/or dangerous conditions.
- Minimum Qualifications
1. High school graduate or equivalent required
2. Candidate's age must be at least nineteen (19) years by the starting date of the Paramedic Class for which he/she is considered.
3. Must be currently licensed as a Paramedic by any State and be eligible for reciprocity in the State of Tennessee prior to employment. Must currently have or had held a Paramedic National Registry Certification. Must maintain Paramedic licensure as required by state guidelines in accordance with the Tennessee Emergency Medical Act as a condition of continued employment.
4. Must be record free of any felony and/or misdemeanor conviction involving moral turpitude and pass a required background investigation.
5. May have to pass a comprehensive medical examination and physical ability test which does not include the Candidate Physical Agility Test (CPAT).
6. Must possess and maintain a valid Class D Tennessee Driver's License with Endorsement F as a condition of continued employment
- Special Requirements
The City Charter requires that City Employees must establish residence within Shelby County within six (6) months from date of Employment. Proof of residence will be required at the time of hire.
The City of Memphis is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Office of Talent Management at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Division: Fire Services
Service Center: Emergency Medical Services