Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN
at Divine Savior Healthcare
Aspirus Langlade Hospital
For a 3rdyear in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top HealthSystems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifyingthe top-performing health systems in the country based on overallorganizational performance.
We are seeking an EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN in Antigo,WI at Aspirus Langlade Hospital who is a memberof the healthcare team and responsible for assisting with providing patientcare under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and/or EmergencyServices provider, including Advance Practice Clinicians (APC). They will alsoperforms clerical coordination duties as assigned by any member of thehealthcare team. The EMT reports to the Emergency Services Director.
- Assists in providing optimal patient care,always observing universal precaution.
- Performs phlebotomy (from IV start orestablished IV), EKGs, and IV starts/discontinuation under the direction of theMD or RN, after competency passed.
- Keeps department and equipment clean and inreadiness, at all times. Cleans instruments and trays and prepares them forsterile processing.
- Assists in Walk In as assigned, under thesupervision of the APC or RN.
- Answers ambulance radio transmission promptly asdirected, gathering adequate and accurate information regarding incomingpatient(s) and reporting information to ED staff including provider.
- Coordinates emergency patient transport to otherfacilities including ground and/or air transport as directed by theprovider/RN.
- Coordinates room assignments for admissions withthe Hospital Supervisor.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Successfulcompletion of an approved Emergency Medical Technician training course. CurrentEMT license preferred. Will complete BLS prior to completion of orientation orwithin the first 90 days.
- Previous documented experience in an acute carehealthcare setting desirable. Minimum of six months of clerical experiencerequired.
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques involvedin administering treatments and providing related emergency patient careservices. Understanding of standard techniques used in providing professionalservices and caring for equipment and supplies. Has working knowledge ofaseptic techniques. Basic computer/word processing knowledge. Ability to usestandard office equipment to include fax machine and copy machine.
Hours: Part time Benefit package available 56 hours every two weeks, Shifts include: 5a - 5p / 5p - 5a, rotating weekends and holidays
Aspirus Langlade Hospital is a 25-bed critical accesshospital located in Antigo, Wisconsin. The hospital admits 1,300 inpatientsannually with 62,000 outpatient visits each year. The Emergency Department hasmore than 12,000 patient visits each year. We average 180-200 births per yearand perform 1,500 surgeries annually. The hospital holds The JointCommission-National Quality Gold Seal Approval.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, weplan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize ourpower to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the followinglinks: Learnmore about Wausau click here: Antigo, Wisconsin