Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Divine Savior Healthcare
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
Work Hours: Varied Hours & Every 3rd Weekend
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a CENTRAL MONITOR TECHNICIAN in Wausau, Wisconsin at Aspirus Wausau Hospital to provide accountability for the operation of the arrhythmia analysis computer in the central monitor station under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Provide training to all nursing personnel as to the monitor's recognition of rhythms.
- Perform outdates on drugs, solutions, and supplies that are stocked.
- Perform all items on Central Monitor Skills Checklist.
- Maintain EKG strips in unit binder and transfers rhythm strips to receiving unit when patient is transferred.
- Monitor rhythms of pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients, and is able to interpret this information and understand rhythms depending upon the age of patients.
- Assist with staffing needs, and helps make appropriate phone calls to fill-in staffing gaps.
- Previous healthcare experience necessary to enhance and develop skills with LPN, nursing assistant, EMT, or other healthcare related experience.
- Completes Basic 12 Lead EKG training and EKG written test during orientation.
- Knowledge and skills necessary for this position normally obtained through completion of a high school diploma, with LPN, EMT, nursing assistant, or other healthcare related training preferred.
Hours: Full-time 72 hours every two weeks, varied hours, every 3rd weekend
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the following links: Learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin