Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Divine Savior Healthcare
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
021194-MEDEVAC IRON RIVER
For a 2nd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Paramedic in Iron River/Crystal Falls Michigan who under the direction and supervision of the EMS/MedEvac Operations Manager, this Paramedic position is responsible for providing safe, comprehensive care to critically ill and/or injured patients of all ages. Care is provided in the pre-hospital setting and during inter-facility transports by understanding and applying the specialized principles and techniques of transport paramedic practice, emergency procedures and diagnostics.
· Knowledge of emergency patient care standards and practices normally acquired through completion of an accredited Paramedic program.
· Minimum of 1 year (3 years preferred) current field experience in a busy 911/pre-hospital service for ground critical care transport and intercepts.
· Minimum 3 years' current field experience in a busy 911/pre-hospital service for flight. Flight or transport experience preferred.
· Active Wisconsin Paramedic Certification for Wisconsin bases.
· Active Michigan Paramedic Certification for Michigan bases.
· Active Dual Paramedic licensure in Wisconsin and Michigan required upon completion of hire/orientation period. (120 days of hire)
· Possesses a valid Wisconsin Driver's License required if Wisconsin based.
· Possesses a valid Michigan Driver's License required if Michigan based.
· State of Wisconsin Critical Care Endorsement within one year of hire if Wisconsin based.
· Must maintain CPR and all certifications as stated in the MedEvac Scope of Service.
· ACLS Certification
· Possesses effective human relations skills required for interfacing with all levels of personnel and external customers.
· Possesses basic computer skills for email, electronic charting, etc.
Hours: Occasional, hours as needed, varied 12/24 hr shifts
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With approximately 8,000 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes five hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.
As a team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.