Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PARAMEDIC-SIGN ON BONUS!
at Divine Savior Healthcare
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
Work Hours: 12/24
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the top 15 Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country, based on overall organizational performance. It's an exciting time to join our growing organization! Our system and service area extends from beautiful central and northern Wisconsin into the majestic lake shore regions of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have 9 hospitals and over 55 primary care/specialty clinics.
We are seeking a Paramedic, who under the direction and supervision of the Manager - MedEvac, this Paramedic position is responsible for providing safe, comprehensive care to critically ill and/or injured patients of all ages. Care is provided in the pre-hospital setting and during inter-facility transports by understanding and applying the specialized principles and techniques of transport paramedic practice, emergency procedures and diagnostics.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of emergency patient care standards and practices normally acquired through completion of an accredited Paramedic program.
- Minimum of 1 year (3 years preferred) current field experience in a busy 911/pre-hospital service for ground critical care transport and intercepts.
- Minimum 3 years' current field experience in a busy 911/pre-hospital service for flight. Flight or transport experience preferred.
- Active Wisconsin Paramedic Certification / Michigan License required.
- Dual Paramedic licensure in Wisconsin and Michigan required upon completion of hire/orientation.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current ACLS certification.
- Valid Driver's License required for the state of residence.
- State of Wisconsin Critical Care Endorsement within one year of hire.
Hours: Schedule of varied 12/24-hour shifts, call as scheduled and weekend rotation.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Aspirus Ontonagon Hospital, a licensed 25-bed Critical Access Hospital is dedicated to serving the residents of Ontonagon county and the surrounding area. You will find a wide range of services, some of which you might not normally expect to find in a small rural setting including a 46-bed skilled nursing unit and rehabilitation and fitness center. Our average admissions are 700 per year with 3,000 annual ER visits. We also have in/outpatient therapies at our Fitness Center.
Link: Ontonagon, Michigan