Eastern Plumas Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Emergency Department Technician
at Eastern Plumas Health Care
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
The ED Tech works under the supervision of the ER nurse on duty. They will be a vital part of the Emergency Room team working in tandem with the nurse to provide smooth and consistent care to Emergency Room patients.
This is a full-time benefited position. There are 2 day time and one night shift available. Shift schedules are 10 hours per shift, totaling 7 days per pay period (2 weeks).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets patients and gives them assistance in
- Takes vital signs per policy and documents them in the electronic medical record. Report abnormal vital signs to the nurse.
- Assists patients with toileting (bedpan, bedside commode or bathroom) and perform peri-care
- Apply a cardiac monitor, print a strip and place on appropriate form for nurse evaluation
- Performing 12 lead ECGs in a timely fashion
- Sitting with 5150 patients
- Adjust crutches for use
- Assist with splint application
- Assist nurse/physician with procedures
- Assist with wound cleaning and care as directed
- Decontaminates shared equipment between patient uses, cleans instruments after use
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Code blue documentation
- Assist patients with needs (food/drink per physician order, blankets, repositioning, etc.)
- Assisting with bathing patients at times
- Assisting with patient transportation to other departments, including reapplication of monitors
- Daily ER restocking and monthly ER outdates
- Clerical work (registering patients, gathering ID and insurance information, signatures on consents/forms)
- Assisting with copying and preparing for admission
- Calling in assistance for the nurse as needed (x-ray, lab, physician and ambulance crew)
- Assisting on the Acute floor when slow in the ER
- Deescalates agitated patients
- Staying busy in slow times – folding laundry, gleaning quality improvement data, chart audits, patient charges, and other duties
Education Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED
- Current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification
- CNA or EMT certification and/or 2 years patient care experience
- Be able to function accurately, professionally and compassionately under pressure
- Have a sufficient level of physical and mental conditioning
- Be able to lift a moderate amount of weight and meet the physical demands of caring for patients