Eastern Plumas Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Emergency Medical Technician ( EMT)- Per Diem
at Eastern Plumas Health Care
- Drives and operates ambulances.
- Under direct supervision of the paramedic, provides appropriate care and treatment to patients in the pre-hospital setting within the EMT scope of practice.
- Under direct supervision of the emergency room physician and/or RN, provides appropriate care and treatment to patients in the hospital setting within the EMT scope of practice.
- Reports to the emergency room physician and/or Ambulance Manager.
- Documents all patient care activities in a timely manner.
- Maintains ambulance and Emergency Room supplies.
- Cleans and disinfects ambulance after each use.
- Operates all emergency medical equipment efficiently and to the level of training.
- Inspects ambulance equipment and supplies every shift.
- Maintains all required certification.
- Attends training courses and studies assigned materials relative to emergency medical services.
- Maintain physical conditioning to perform strenuous work under emergency conditions.
- Follows proper chain of command (Ambulance Operations Manager) with any problems, complaints, requests or suggestions.
- Adheres to all policies, procedures and protocols.
- Maintains a professional appearance and attitude while on duty.
- Assists other departments in the hospital as needed.
- Performs related tasks and duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (Include Education, Certifications, Physical Capacities, Equipment Used, Specific Skills)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following education or combination of education and experience are required for the position:
- Must be 21 years or older.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Emergency Medical Technician certification.
- CPR certification.
- DL51 (driver’s physical).
- Ambulance driver’s certification.
- Possess the mental and physical health to meet the demands of the job.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Ability to cope with high stress situations.
- Ability to accurately identify and prioritize patient needs based on assessment.
- Knowledge of radio communications.
- Emergency medical practices and procedures within scope of practice.
- Working knowledge of individual responsibilities as they relate to the job description.
- Must be able to lift and move 100 lbs or more using proper lifting techniques.
- Ability to safely maneuver in diverse environmental settings (ie: out of doors, private residences etc.)