Eastern Plumas Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Paramedic- Per Diem
at Eastern Plumas Health Care
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
We are seeking a qualified paramedic to work a per diem status. A qualified applicant will perform medical care in accordance with the established protocols and within scope of practice in the hospital and pre-hospital settings. Also, supervise and direct prescribed activities of ambulance personnel and emergency responders.
Education and Qualifications:
- Must be 21 years or older.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic certification.
- CPR certification.
- ACLS (Advance Cardiac Life Support) certification.
- PALS (Pediatric Advance Life Support) certification.
- DL51 (driver’s physical).
- Ambulance driver’s certification (by start date).
- Possess the mental and physical health to meet the demands of the job.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Ability to cope with high stress situations.
- Ability to accurately identify and prioritize patient needs based on assessment
- Knowledge of radio communications.
- Emergency medical practices and procedures within scope of practice.