GRIFOLS USA , LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PARAMEDIC / LPN / RN--
at GRIFOLS USA , LLC
Grifols is a global healthcare company whose mission is to improve the health and well being of people. Our three divisions –Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital–develop, produce and market our innovative products and services to medical professionals in more than 100 countries.
We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. As a company devoted to improving the health and well-being of people, we are looking for talented professionals worldwide. Make a difference and join us in this challenging and rewarding enterprise.
TOP $$ PAID--APPLY OR CALL 404-416-7248
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide donor satisfaction through appropriate interaction and responsiveness to donor needs.
- Determine donor suitability by evaluating normal healthy donors for plasmapheresis procedures and immunizations that meet the criteria of normal plasma donors in accordance with DCOPs, the FDA, OSHA, CLIA and cGMP and Company policies as well as educational experience.
- Explain informed consents for plasmapheresis and immunization to donors including a description of the plasmapheresis procedure, hazards, potential adverse reactions, and specific immunization programs.
- Answer and discuss any donor questions and insure that the donor is given a clear opportunity to refuse participation.
- Perform physical examinations for donors and review accumulated data in a timely manner to confirm established donor suitability.
- Assist in performing the following duties in the Donor Room as necessary:complete plasmapheresis and whole blood procedures; insure donor safety and monitor for reactions, encourage donor’s return visits by maintaining a cheerful and friendly attitude; insure accurate documentation on the donor chart.
Supervise or personally provide for the immediate needs of a donor experiencing an acute, untoward reaction to plasmapheresis or immunization.
- Administer immunizations following DCOP’s and manufacturers insert; monitor responses.
- As necessary, provide appropriate and confidential counseling to unacceptable donors.
- Maintain the Center’s emergency medical kit and equipment in accordance with DCOP’s to insure that equipment is up to date and functioning properly.
- Review test results and consult with Center physician on any unusual, abnormal, or elevated test results and non-routine situations in addition to all medical incidents which must also be reviewed by Center physician.
- Any other duties as required by Supervisor.
- Graduate of a recognized healthcare-related educational program such as a nursing or physician assistant. Emergency medical technicians (EMTs) may be approved if prior experience is at an advanced level of operation.
- Must have excellent patient/donor assessment skills.
- Must be able to manage emergency situations in accordance with standard medical care practices and with a calm demeanor.
- Must be currently licensed in the state in which the center operates.
- Previous work experience should demonstrate adaptability to changing priorities, excellent attention to detail legible handwriting and the ability to deal effectively with people.
- Must have excellent communication skills and demonstrate leadership and supervisory skills.
- Must maintain current and valid licenses and pass medical credential evaluation.
- Ability to sit or stand for up to four (4) hours at a time.
- Ability to tug, lift, and pull up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to operate computer software including DMS (with training) and Microsoft Office.
- Be able to bend, stoop or kneel.
- Occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Physical ability to perform CPR and sufficient mobility to immediately assist in any adverse donor reactions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
Across three major divisions – Bioscience, Diagnostic, and Hospital – Grifols is a leading healthcare company with a global reach that extends to more than 100 countries. Our innovative products and services focus on life-saving protein therapies for patients around the world. As our company continues to grow, we are searching for capable, compassionate individuals who are ready to thrive in an environment that challenges their skills and rewards their performance.
Here at Grifols, we believe that it takes more than a solid paycheck to recruit and retain a stellar staff. As a result, we’re committed to creating a culture that fosters diversity and supports the goals of each and every valued member of our team. As a Grifols associate, you’ll enjoy highly competitive compensation and a comprehensive total rewards package that offers medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, as well as a strong 401(k) retirement savings plan.
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.