Harney District Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Harney District Hospital
- Job Title: Paramedic
- 557 W WASHINGTON ST
- Burns, OR, 97720
- Base Pay: $50000 - $70000 / YEAR
- Employee Type: Full Time (Non-Exempt)
- Manage Others: No
- Name: Jen Hoke
- Phone: 541-573-8642
- Email: email@example.com
Harney District Hospital is a critical access hospital and level 4 trauma center. It is the only hospital of its size for greater than 100 miles in any one direction. The Emergency Medical Services department is run through the hospital and responsible for responding to more than 1,000 requests per year covering greater than 10,800 square miles. Ambulance staffing is composed of a paramedic and EMT, supplemented by casual EMTs and volunteer rural first responders. Staff respond from the hospital during business hours and from their homes the remaining hours. Paramedics work 3 or 4 days per week on a rotating 3 week schedule. Responses range from 30 minutes to several hours. Department also provides inter-facility transports to Bend, Boise, or other larger cities.
Benefits include health insurance, PERS, and vacation/sick leave.
· Oregon State Licensure (or eligible: Nationally Registered and hold an Associate Degree, or 3 years’ experience in a busy 911 system.
· Current AHA ACLS Provider Certification
· Current AHA CPR Provider Certification
· Current AHA PALS Provider Certification
· Successfully completed EVOC program
· Successfully completed ICS 100 and 700
· Able to obtain PHTLS Certification within 6 months of hire
· Able to obtain NRP Certification within 6 months of hire
· Ventilator experience
· Infusion pump experience
· 12-Lead experience
· Critical Care transport experience
Residency in Burns or Hines, Oregon is required.