Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hillcrest Medical Center
JOB POSTING TEMPLATE
Who We Are
Hillcrest HealthCare System (HHS) is a comprehensive health system with over 6,000 employees who serve the communities of eastern Oklahoma. HHS includes nine hospitals throughout Eastern Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Heart Institute, and Utica Park Clinic.
Hillcrest Hospital South is a 180 bed acute care hospital with a history of providing state-of-the-art technology in a friendly, community setting that is easy to navigate. With more than 1000 employees and 700 physicians, we provide a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services for all ages including emergency, intensive care, stroke, cardiology, maternity, orthopedics and surgery.
We welcome you to take the next step to join our highly skilled team of health care professionals who value Our Way of Changing Lives with Respect, Compassion, Responsibility and Accountability.
What You’ll Do
This position is accountable for the efficient analysis and performing various point of care testing procedures as ordered and will be responsible for standards established and performing time sensitive tests and diagnostics such as: EKGs, POCT (point of care testing), labs, IVs, and blood cultures. This employee will be providing patient care under the supervision and direction of a Registered Nurse, utilizing the set of skills as approved by the Medical Director. The incumbent must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on the assigned unit; must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to function in an assistive role to the licensed nurse in the provision of technical and environmental patient care activities.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for reporting on the condition of patient/client to the appropriate supervisor and other staff members.
- Cleans patient rooms, stocks carts and rooms, changes linens, as required.
- Assists with resuscitation/CPR and emergency airway procedures as directed by the emergency physician.
- Assists with obtaining and documenting of vital signs that include O2 saturation, cardiac monitoring, and non-invasive blood pressure monitoring systems.
- Assists with technical functions such as: obtaining EKGs, starting and the discontinuation of peripheral IV and heparin/saline locks, maintenance and care of specimens for laboratory analysis, and point of care testing.
- Assists with positioning patients and the application of orthopedic splints and dressings.
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge/Experience: Working knowledge of computers. Completion of a CNA or PCT program preferred. At least one year of patient/healthcare administrative experience preferred.
- License/Certification: BLS
What We Offer?
- Competitive pay?
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance?
- 401k with Company match?
- Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability coverage?
- Generous paid time off, including an additional extended illness bank?
- Tuition Reimbursement?
- Advancement and career development opportunities?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.