Jersey Shore University Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
at Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- Job ID
- Human Resources-Prof. Recruit
- HMH Hospitals Corporation
- Job Location
- Position Type
- Full Time with Benefits
- Standard Hours Per Week
- Shift Hours
- Weekend Work
- Weekends as Needed
- On Call Work
- On-Call As Needed
- Holiday Work
- As needed
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
As part of the Hackensack Meridian Health family, Alert Ambulance is a leading medical transportation provider throughout New Jersey. We pride ourselves on our prompt response times, courteous and dependable service, and commitment to the community.
As an Emergency Medical Technician, you will assess injuries, administer emergency medical care, and extricate trapped individuals as well as transport injured or sick persons to appropriate medical facilities, etc..
Alert Ambulance has multiple full-time and part-time opportunities with varied shifts in several locations across New Jersey.
A day in the life of an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) at Alert Ambulance, now part of Hackensack Meridian Health, includes:
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency using a variety of patient lifting and moving devices such as: backboard, Reeves, scoop stretcher, stair chairs, ambulance stretchers, etc.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in driving an ambulance and / or mobility assistance vehicle.
- Operates Alert Ambulance vehicles safely and professionally, in compliance with all laws and rules governing same, within CEVO-A and Alert Ambulance standards for emergency vehicle operation, and with due regard for the public.
- Drives ambulance to specified location, following instructions from Communication Dept.
- Assess nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures.
- Responsible for thorough documentation of all aspects of transport, e.g. time, patient condition, vital signs, narrative on all services provided.
- Administers emergency medical treatment to sick or injured persons in a pre-hospital setting.
- Operates equipment in accordance with certification.
- Provide patient care in accordance with Emergency Medical Technician certification. Examples of patient care may include: comfort and reassure patients; oxygen administration, taking blood pressures and pulses, performing CPR, administering emergency medical care within scope of practice.
- Maintains vehicles and medical and communication equipment, and replenish emergency medical equipment and supplies. Decontaminates ambulance interior following treatment of patient.
- Observes, records, and reports to receiving facility the patient's condition or injury, the treatment provided, and reactions to treatment.
- Coordinates patient care with other emergency medical team members and SCTU RNs as applicable.
- Communicates with Alert Communication Dept. on status of assignment.
- Ensures that provided patient medical documents accompany all transports.
- Safely transfers patients to appropriate receiving personnel and provides complete report to appropriate personnel, facilitates effective transfer of care.
- Responsible to provide patients, patient family members, facility staff members, and physician staff members with the opportunity to fill out and hand in Survey cards, at time of transport.
- Must be capable of communicating via written and verbal means in the English language.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Two (2) years driving experience is required (Non-Driver Position until you reach 3 years driving experience)
- Three (3) years driving experience (Driving Position)
- A valid Motor Vehicle Driver License
- Healthcare Provider CPR required
- NJ, PA, NY or National EMT required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please follow this link to apply today! https://alert-companies.candidatecare.jobs/