Massachusetts General Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SRH-Paramedic, Ambulance Service
at Massachusetts General Hospital
Provide inter-facility care to acutely ill or injured patients and provide pre-hospital emergency care utilizing Advanced Life Support (ALS) skills. Work under the authorization of the department's affiliated Medical Director. Provide safe, time-bound transportation to the appropriate hospital or facility. Must demonstrate excellent judgment and be able to prioritize decisions and act quickly in the best interest of the patient. Communicate with licensed and ancillary medical professionals in oral and written format. Establish positive relationships with patient and the patient's family.
· Patient care activities are performed consistent with Federal, State, and department regulations.
· Documentation is completed per established guidelines and timeframes.
· Vehicle readiness and stock levels are maintained per department standards.
· Equipment inspection is completed to ensure adherence to safety standards.
· Company vehicles are operated in accordance with organizational standards.
· DPH/OEMS mandated education is completed as required
· Department required education is completed as required.
· Required certifications are maintained.
· Uphold the PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence
Qualifications and Experience
· High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
· Minimum of 3 years experience as a field paramedic.
· Must be 18 years of age.
· Current MA EMT-P Certification.
· Current Healthcare Provider CPR certification.
· Current ACLS Certification.
· FCCS or equivalent experience preferred.
· Must be familiar with IFT equipment including portable ventilators and infusion pumps.
· IFT or Critical Care experience desired
· Valid driver's license with no moving violations.
· Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team
· Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
· Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
· Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
· Maintain variable work schedule to provide patient care as needed. (evenings, holidays, weekends and travel).
Potential exposure to blood, blood products, body fluids and chemical hazards. Attend meetings in a variety of external organizations, healthcare facilities, and other venues.
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. SRN takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law.