Palo Alto County Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Paramedic-ED Tech, Full-time
at Palo Alto County Health System
- 13-Mar-2020 to Until Filled (CST)
- Emmetsburg, IA, USA
- Full Time
Under the general direction of the EMS Coordinator, provide out-of-hospital care appropriate to the age of each patient per established protocols established by the medical director. Assist with patient care in the emergency department as an ED Tech within established guidelines/policies, under direction, supervision, and license of the Registered Nurse. This includes provision for the proper physical, emotional and spiritual care of patients also continuing education activities for EMS staff, outlying first responders and nursing.
- High School graduate or GED required. Associate degree and/or two years managerial preferred.
- Iowa State certified Paramedic required.
- Basic Life Instructor Trainer preferred.
- ACLS, PALS, PHTLS course completion required.
- Obtain and maintain a valid Iowa Driver's License with an acceptable motor vehicle driving record.
- A minimum of one to two years field experience as EMT and/or Paramedic preferred.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Have demonstrated solid judgment and organizational skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Maintains certification for assigned work area.