Penn National Gaming, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EMT Security Officer Part-Time **New Pay Rate**
at Penn National Gaming, inc.
- Job ID
- Casino Property
- Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway
- Position Type
- Regular Part-Time
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Provide friendly, fast, and helpful customer service, through the consistent practice and delivery of Red Carpet Customer Service to all guests and team members.
- Serve as First Responder to all medical emergencies for guest and team member injuries and illnesses.
- Respond to all medical situations and follow property medical protocols. Provide emergency medical first aid and determine necessity for treatment off-site and prepares patients for transport.
- Ensure medical equipment and supplies are properly maintained and stocked.
- Provide security for casino property; maintains high visibility, handles problem situations, watches for safety hazards, and provide assistance during emergencies.
- Patrol parking lots and property.
- Transfer Table Games fills and credits.
- Provide escorts as needed.
- Oversee customer presence on property to include; provide crowd control, direct traffic, check I.D., check for items not allowed on casino floor.
- Check and verify valid I.D. using hand-held scanning device.
- Maintain the condition of the I.D. scanning device.
- Provide assistance to customers: answer questions, handle complaints, call for cabs, etc.
- Perform duties associated with table and slot drops.
- Observe Count team during the slot drop and transport funds to Count room.
- Monitor entry and exit from Count and Player Services mantrap as required.
- Serve as dispatcher, card and dice inspector, exterior patrol and other security officer functions as needed.
- Dispatch officers to various assignments and maintain activity logs.
- Report accidents and incidents in both written and verbal form. Collect and compile investigation information as needed. Write detailed reports as required for incidents involving law violations and/or violations of company policy and procedure.
- Testify in court when necessary.
- Meet department uniform, appearance and grooming requirements.
- Keep work areas clean and free of safety hazards, debris and litter.
- Perform all job duties in a safe and responsible manner.
- Must adhere to regulatory, department and company policies.
- Perform other job related and compatible duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess and maintain a current EMT or Paramedic license issued by the Kansas Board of Emergency Medical Services
- Must possess and maintain a current American Heart Association CPR for Healthcare Providers certification
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Ability to display professionalism
- Must be able to run on level surfaces, as well as up and down stairs
- Ability to identify and quickly respond to potential problems and conflicts; and defend self and others in combative situations
- Ability to effectively and efficiently move around all work areas including walking and standing for long periods of time
- Ability to multi-task as required
- Must have valid driver’s license and acceptable driving history as determined by Penn National Gaming auto insurance carrier
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer