Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TELEPHONE TRIAGE NURSE
at People Incorporated
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 29bf5019-da48-4994-82f3-bdf62ea8c9e7
- Receives incoming calls from contracted clients
- Assess patient's current health status and recommends appropriate level of care based on clinical judgment, evidenced based guidelines and clinical protocols
- Develops plan(s) of nursing service appropriate to the patients’ health care needs
- Demonstrates knowledge of medications.
- Telephone communication skills with appropriate phone etiquette necessary
- Must have the ability to make critical independent decisions and prioritize appropriately.
- Document all calls and actions taken into the patient’s medical record
- Utilizes technology as appropriate to meet the requirements of the job functions.
- Communicates to the health care team members the outcome of the assessment/reassessment to ensure appropriate follow up occurs based on the needs of the patient care.
- Displays an exemplary level of patience, courtesy, and flexibility.
- Interacts with patients, physicians, and staff in a manner conducive to maintain positive relationships and to meet the goals and objectives of the agency.
- Adheres to ethical, legal/regulatory and accreditation standards
- Assumes responsibility for his/her own education, using formal and informal resources that contribute to professional self‐growth.
- Consult with administrator for issues or requested services outside scope of practice or requiring assistance in performing
- Must be detail oriented and able to multitask
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- AAS in Nursing, Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or related fields preferred, not required
- Unrestricted New York State Licensed RN with a minimum of two years of experience as a clinical hospital nurse in an emergency room, critical care or med/surg, OR a minimum of two years’ experience in RN telephone triage in a primary care setting.
- Knowledge of OPWDD regulations recommended, not required
- Current BCLS required
- Current Infection Control Certificate required
- Must be proficient in using computer applications and using the internet.