Priority Patient Transport
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EMT-Basic / Emergency Vehicle Operator
at Priority Patient Transport
|Title:||EMT-Basic / Emergency Vehicle Operator|
Priority Patient Transport is a full-service ambulance transport company with offices serving the Shenandoah Valley and Charlottesville regions of Virginia. We offer wheelchair, BLS, ALS and Specialty Care transport services.
- Emergency Vehicle operations
- Patient care in emergent, non-emergent and palliative environments
- Proper documentation using field documentation software
- Unit and equipment check-off procedures
- Daily station chores
- Other tasks as required such as wheelchair transports or maintenance tasks.
- EMT-Basic, EVOC and CPR certifications
- Strong written and spoken communication abilities
- Ability to perform physical aspects of the job safely:
o Transferring patients from bed to stretcher
o Loading patient on stretcher into ambulance
o Carrying equipment
o Taking patients up and down stairs
- Ability to regularly complete long distance transports
- Infrequent overnight travel on long distance trips
- 12 and 24 hour shifts available
- 24 on / 72 off schedule (based on seniority and performance)
- Paid vacation (Full Time)
- Employer subsidized health insurance (Full Time)
- Supplemental, Short Term Disability, Vision and Dental Insurances (Full Time)
- 401(K) Program (Full Time)
- Opportunity for overtime hours
- Up to date technology and equipment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Competitive Salaries
- Comfortable living areas for downtime with computer/internet access
If you are searching for a progressive EMS agency in which to advance your career, skills and knowledge, please apply. Providers are encouraged to send a driving record from the Department of Motor Vehicles soon after completing application. A cover letter and resume may accompany the driving record.