Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EMT - Paramedic
at Jemez Pueblo
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Responsible for providing emergency medical care services to the community as needed.
- Performs necessary basic and advanced life support on sick, injured, or convalescent persons at the sites of emergencies or en route to hospitals or medical facilities.
- Records event information including patient condition, patient history, treatments, vital signs, and scene observations.
- Observes established basic and advanced medical protocols.
- Supplies patient information to physicians via radio transmission or direct contact.
- Maintains a daily log of responses.
- Maintains inventories of equipment and supplies.
- Operates emergency vehicles en route to emergencies and during patient transport to the hospital.
- Performs equipment maintenance and inspection.
- Performs household duties at the station.
- Participates in drills and attends regular classes.
- Represents the Pueblo with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED); AND satisfactory completion of formal coursework as a Paramedic; AND three (3) years of EMS experience 2 of which shall be at the Paramedic licensure level.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Symptoms of medical emergencies and of appropriate responses to such conditions.
- Basic mechanical tools, principles, use and limitations.
- Arithmetic computations and formulas.
- Advanced emergency medical procedures and patient assessment techniques.
- Use, operation, and management of applicable equipment.
- Applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Computer applications related to the work.
- Records management principles and practices.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Evaluating patient's conditions and properly rendering appropriate emergency medical care including administration of emergency medications.
- Safe and effective operation of emergency vehicles.
- Respond quickly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Performing inspection of equipment.
- Following safety practices and procedures.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Valid New Mexico Driver’s License.
- Valid New Mexico licensure as a Paramedic.
- Valid CPR & First Aid certifications.
- Valid ACLS, PALS/PEPP certifications.
- Meical Examiner's certification & medical long form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina and agility to perform emergency medical duties; strength and agility to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in over the telephone and in person. Work is subject to performance under exposure to adverse environmental conditions, bodily fluids, bio hazards, gases, noxious odors, noise and traffic conditions.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
- New employees are required to submit to a background investigation. Employment is contingent upon passing the background investigation.
- New employees are required to submit to a pre-employment drug and alcohol test. Employment is contingent upon passing the pre-employment drug and alcohol test.