South Shore Mental Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Emergency Triage Clinician per diem, Quincy - Hiring Immediately
at South Shore Mental Health
Aspire Health Alliance’s Emergency Services Program (ESP) provides in-home, community, and hospital ER-based services to children, teens, and adults who are at risk of harming themselves or others. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, ESP’s master’s level clinicians provide psychiatric evaluation and treatment to support and stabilize clients while transitioning them to the appropriate level of care within the community. Aspire Health Alliance's Emergency Services Program also includes an open, six-bed stabilization unit that offers an alternative to hospitalization for clients in need of short-term crisis intervention.
Great entry level opportunity exists to become part of a dynamic, mobile crisis center! The Triage Clinician will serve as a key member of the Crisis Team by supporting Master’s level Clinicians in the evaluation and disposition of individuals and/or families that are in need of emergency crisis assistance. Other responsibilities include:
• Triage phone calls and provide support and counseling to clients, families, and community referrals in need of Crisis Team assistance and/or evaluations.
• Assist clinicians in performing bed searches for clients awaiting hospitalization, partial hospitalization, or Enhanced Acute Treatment Services (EATS),
• Provide information and referrals to phone contacts.
• Display good judgment in gathering appropriate risk information and direct clients, families, and community members in accessing and utilizing supports.
• Assist in provision of follow-up treatment including the scheduling of follow-up emergency services appointments and completion of paperwork related to triage activity.
Must be available to work weekends or weekdays, 12 hour shifts:
- Ability to establish and maintain productive relationships with outside agencies including hospitals, police, schools and insurance providers.
- Skills required to maintain professional and therapeutic communication while working with agitated or distressed clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or related field.
- Minimum of one-year experience in a mental health setting, Crisis Intervention setting is strongly preferred.
Aspire Health Alliance is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.