State of Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part Time/Adjunct Paramedic/EMT Instructor
at State of Georgia
SavannahTechnical College is seeking a part-time/adjunct instructor for theParamedic/EMT program. The instructor will provide theory and practicalinstruction to a level sufficient for students to develop the skills necessaryto become employed in their chosen profession. This position will haveteaching duties at the Savannah and Hinesville campuses, and may requireregular travel between Savannah Technical College campus locations. Dutiesinclude a flexible schedule of lecture, student advisement and registration,which may involve split teaching shifts. This position requires thesupervision of students during patient care.
CharacteristicDuties and Responsibilities
· Undergeneral supervision demonstrates the use of appropriate teaching techniques,testing, and grading procedures, to include proper maintenance of grade booksand any other appropriate record keeping required.
· Mustdemonstrate knowledge of current procedures in the Paramedic/EMT field anddemonstrate the effective use of oral and written communication skills.
· Followsapproved course syllabus.
· Monitorsstudents' use of supplies, materials, and equipment, and ensures safety and securityrequirements are met in the training area.
· Advisesand counsels students and maintains appropriate advisement records on eachstudent.
· Attendsmeetings as required and appropriate.
· Maintainscurrent knowledge of trends and developments in the field by attending staffdevelopment training, workshops, seminars and conferences.
· Maintainsqualifications for employment as described by the Technical College System ofGeorgia Policy Manual.
· Followsrules and regulations as described by the Technical College System of Georgiaand other policies and procedures established by Savannah TechnicalCollege.
· Willteach both didactic, psychomotor and clinical courses as assigned and performother assignments required by accreditation.
· Mustbe currently certified as a Georgia AEMT or Paramedic.
· Mustbe currently certified as a Licensed Georgia Level II (Level III preferred) EMSInstructor.
· Musthave two (2) years' work experience within the last three (3) years as an AEMT or Paramedicand/or teaching. Previous teaching experience preferred.
· Currentcertification as an American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic LifeSupport Instructor preferred but not required.
· ACLS/PALSand PHTLS instructor certification preferred but not required.
· Mustpossess valid driver's license and required insurability.
· Mustpossess skill in oral and written communication.
· Mustpossess basic computer skills to include, but not limited to, word; excel;power point; and email.
· Mustpossess excellent organizational skills.
· Mustpossess excellent customer service skills to deal professionally with SavannahTech employees, students, and visitors.
PhysicalDemands – Health Sciences – job requires classroom, laboratory and clinicalresponsibilities:
Teachingresponsibilities are typically performed in a classroom/lab environment withthe employee intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, pushing, andpulling for three (3) – four (4) continuous hours at a time. The employeefrequently lifts/carries objects that weigh 10lbs. or less. Clinicalresponsibilities are typically performed in a hospital, long term carefacility, or other medical facilities, and require that the employee stand orwalk for seven (7) – eight (8) hours; bend, twist, push/and or pull for three (3)– four (4) hours; and occasionally lift 50lbs. to 75 lbs. perrotation. The exposure to infectious diseases, gas, or fumes ispossible during clinical rotations.
Salaryis commensurate with education and work experience.
Positionconsidered open until filled. Candidates must pass a criminal backgroundcheck. Applicants must submit an electronic application through TeamGeorgia Careers, and attach cover letter and resume (incompletesubmissions will not be considered). Pleaseinclude your annual salary for each position held.
POSITION CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING ANDALLOCATION OF POSITION.
Note: No phone inquiries please. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contacteach applicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, arepresentative from our college will contact you.
All male applicantsbetween the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of SelectiveService Registration. Savannah Technical College is an equal opportunityemployer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, nationalor ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation orbelief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, orcitizenship status (except those special circumstances permitted or mandated bylaw). Invitationto Self-Identify For compliance activities, contact MelissaBanks, Title IX and Equity Coordinator, Room A110 or (912) 443-3388, firstname.lastname@example.org. Sendwritten correspondence to Savannah Technical College, Attn: MelissaBanks, 5717 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405. STC isaccredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association ofColleges and Schools to award the associate degree. Candidates may berequired to submit a valid Driver's License, proof of insurability, and/or adriver's history report for positions involving state travel.
Minimum qualifications for this position will be determined by the teaching discipline and compliance with appropriate accrediting bodies. Faculty must be credentialed to satisfy all appropriate accrediting bodies for the course assigned