State of South Carolina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EMT Lab Assistant (ADJT20)
at State of South Carolina
- Job Responsibilities
Assist with the instruction and training within the EMT Basic program in accordance with DOT and DHEC standards. Assignments may include theory courses, skills laboratory supervision and instruction, and/or community based field learning assignments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the assessment, development, and updating of curriculum as it relates to EMS licensure and adult students in such a manner as to provide them with marketable job skills upon completion of the program.
- Work with the lead instructor and cooperating agencies in planning and implementing clinical experiences as assigned.
- Evaluate the accomplishments of students on a scheduled basis and provide grades at end of each course in the EMT Basic program under the supervision of the lead instructor.
- Assist in the supervision of EMT Basic students in clinical settings (as assigned) to ensure proper procedures are followed at all times, as are the procedures of the clinical facility in which the students are practicing.
- Attend the meetings of the EMT advisory committee and provide input about the relevance of curriculum and equipment utilized in the program.
- Work with lead instructor to facilitate the operation of the health simulation labs.
- Abide by all policies and procedures adopted by Aiken Technical College and assist administration in implementing all policies and/or procedures governing student conduct.
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventory records and closely monitor use of inventory items to prevent loss, damage, or theft.
- Minimum and Additional Requirements
Current EMT certification or related healthcare certification/license.
- Preferred Qualifications
SC EMT Instructor preferred.
- Additional Comments
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-508-7497 or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.