Total Safety U.S., Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Total Safety U.S., Inc.
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers the best treatment and follow-up plan for sick and injured (emergency and non-emergency) personnel according to established medical protocols; staying within the requirements and restrictions of level of training at all times.
- Provides both basic and advanced life support, including comprehensive patient assessment, invasive airway management, cardiac monitoring and administration of medications.
- Completes extensive written documentation on patient condition and treatment provided. Follows HIPPA privacy guidelines and Total Safety policies & procedures.
- Maintains accurate patient records for all patients for emergency or non-emergency care. Maintains direct contact with TS Medical Director in all cases.
- Maintains medical supply inventory to assure proper levels for patient care. Maintains a current copy of Total Safety Medical Guidelines on location. Maintains narcotics under controlled security.
- Cleans all equipment following appropriate disinfecting procedures. Decontaminates treatment area and equipment after treatment of a patient with contagious infection or hazardous materials exposure. Disposes of medical and hazardous waste according to established procedures.
- Teaches First Aid / CPR classes as needed by site supervisor. May teach other safety related classes if certified and as required.
- Performs health and hygiene inspections as required by customer.
- Assists in accident investigation and reporting as required by customer.
- Advises site supervisor of any trends in health problems and/or medical cases which may indicate food, water or air quality problems. Consults with supervisory personnel and individual workers concerning disease control programs, vaccination programs, and general health/medical questions as they arise.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) year of experience working for an advanced life support EMS service, hospital, or US military.
Medical Licenses and Certifications: NR-EMT-P (National Registry – Emergency Medical Technicians) – Paramedic level certification, PHTLS (Pre Hospital Trauma Life Support) or ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support) and BLS (Basic Life Support). ITLS (International Trauma Life Support) mandatory. CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) and ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support). Knowledge of laws concerning the safeguarding and disposing of classified medications.
Safety & Rescue Certifications: Atmospheric Testing, Defensive Driving, Facility Inspection, Fall Protection, Fire Watch, Forklift Safety, HAZWOPER, HLO (Helicopter Landing Officer), Confined Space Rescue/High Angle Rescue, and Certified Rigger/Competent Rigger, Certified First Aid / CPR Instructor as required by EMS Manager and customer.
If offshore: HUET (Helicopter, Underwater Egress Training), Safe Gulf, USCG/MMS Rules & Regulations, May require TWIC™ card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential), DMT (Dive Medical Training) if required by customer.
Other Required Skills, Knowledge or Abilities: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook and other data base software. Ability to quickly learn new software applications utilized by company.
Must understand all applicable legal, moral and ethical issues surrounding emergency medical service. Possesses critical reasoning skills and is capable of applying them effectively in stressful situations.
Displays confidence and accepts the challenge and high degree of responsibility entailed in this position. Must possess leadership skills and display ability to direct others to assist as needed.
Demonstrates effective of communication (verbal, written & listening) and interpersonal skills.
Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
Interpersonal Communications: Verbal communication and interpersonal skills are used constantly with the patient, other pre-hospital providers and hospital personnel, including physician medical directors. Must adapt to situations with may involve emotional instability and in multicultural settings. Shares opinions, ideas and resources with others to achieve common goals.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. May be required to wear SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus). May be required to work hours beyond normal work schedule.
Combination of office and field / production environments. Some exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, outside and extreme weather conditions. Travel to and from customer sites. May encounter dangerous situations performing job including but not limited to explosions, high winds, hazardous atmosphere, bio-hazards, blood borne pathogens, high seas, and sub-standard living conditions. May be required to fly in helicopters and fixed wing aircraft.
Complexity of Duties and Decisions: Functions at an optimum level in a non-structured environment that is constantly changing. Must remain calm while working in difficult and stressful situations, and stay focused while carrying out the functions of the position. Supervisor reviews progress versus detailed check for technical adequacy and conformance with practice and policy.
Authority: Works independently and without direct supervision. May be responsible for supervising individuals or groups of medical providers. Acts as a mentor and provides guidance to less experienced staff. May assist with training, monitoring and coaching less experienced staff. Models and teaches compliance with all work practices, policies and procedures.
About Total Safety:
Total Safety is the world's premier provider of integrated safety and compliance services and the products necessary to support them, including gas detection, respiratory protection, safety training, fire protection, compliance and inspection, comprehensive flare services, industrial hygiene, onsite emergency medical treatment/paramedics, communications systems, engineered systems design, and materials management.
Total Safety operates from 176 locations in 20 countries to ensure the safe Wellbeing of Workers Worldwide (W3).
Total Safety is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Total Safety, please contact Human Resources at (713) 353-5152. (For telecommunications device for the hearing impaired – TTY, please contact 711).