Umpqua Indian Development Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Officer II, EMR/EMT
at Umpqua Indian Development Corporation
Seven Feathers Casino Resort
OR-Canyonville - Seven Feathers Casino Resort
# of openings:
Patrols the premises to protect guest, employees and the physical and financial assets of the Resort. Reports all observed safety and security issues to management. Serves as First Responder, with appropriate medical training, to assist with medical emergencies at the Resort.
- Patrols the premises, inside and outside, to observe and report security and safety concerns, including vandalism, thefts, disturbances, and complaints to the shift supervisor or manager.
- Verifies and escorts all cash and sensitive or controlled items within the Resort.
- Assists guests by answering questions and providing directions and instructions.
- Assists Gaming Inspectors in the destruction of sensitive materials.
- Assists Gaming Inspectors by escorting sensitive materials.
- Provides constructive input to foster process improvement within the department.
- Maintains confidential information that is received in verbal, written, and electronic media. Limits access to information on a job-related, need-to-know basis.
- Creates reports in a clear and concise manner using proper grammar.
- Monitors situations with guests and employees. Intercedes in any potentially volatile situations before they escalate, and uses reasonable force as needed to gain control of the situation.
- Responds to medical calls and administers first aid when needed to Resort guests and employees.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate required.
- 1 year of experience in security or police work preferred.
- Previous experience in a customer service oriented industry.
- Possess one or more of the following: current Emergency Medical Responder Certificate (EMR) , First Responder or higher level of Emergency Medical Care provider certificate, (i.e. EMT, Paramedic)
- Must be able to utilize Defensive Tactics as trained.
- Ability to add, subtract divide and multiply mathematical equations.
- Able to use proper grammar and spelling to compose reports.
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend written instructions.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks at once.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to obtain a Class III Gaming License.
- Current and valid Oregon Drivers License with the ability to qualify for the UIDC Drivers Program.
- Must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance at all times (specific standards available)