Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Emergency Medical Technician-Must be certified
at Allied Universal
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Professional Security Officers and today hold positions on our senior leadership team.
ResponsibilitiesEmergency Medical Technician-Must be certified Position Type Full Time Shift Type Afternoon,Evening,Morning,Overnight Req ID 2020-440831
Allied Universal Services is seeking the position of an EMT Security Officer.
An EMT Security Officer works as a member of a pre-hospital emergency care medical team. The EMT Security Officer administers first aid treatment and other emergency care to sick or injured persons and assists with facilitating the transport to medical facilities. At times, the EMT will also be required to handle some security related functions.
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
- Possess and maintain a State Certified EMT Basic, Intermediate, or Paramedic license
- Current Health Care Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR card
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Responds to emergency calls from a dispatcher such as requests for medical assistance following emergency response proceedings
- Determines the nature and extent of illness and injury
- Establishes priorities in order to determine procedures to be followed for emergency first aid or assistance; Request additional help, including special rescue and utility services
- Provides emergency medical care and other treatment pursuant to EMT certification
- Reports all medical incidents, accidents or emergencies to include completing a Daily Activity Log on every shift, describing all activities. Complete an Incident Report documenting any medical response calls on client property
- Able to:
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.