Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EMT - Alcoa, TN 37701, Full-Time, Overnights
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer
- Shifts Available
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and businesses of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider.
Allied Universal, North America's leading security services provider, is experiencing tremendous growth.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401K, an anniversary bonus, and an on-the-spot recognition program.
Current AU employees also get to earn themselves up to an additional $2,000 by referring their friends and family!!! Ask about details during your interview!
We promote from within our company! You can start with little, to no, security experience and become one of Allied Universal's many success stories.
Apply to join the LARGEST SECURITY COMPANY in the United States!
E-mail Angie at Angela.Teffeteller@aus.com to set up an interview!!
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a EMT.
The EMT is responsible for the safety and security of the facilities they protect. Our EMTs also act as a visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; they detect and report suspicious, unsafe or criminal acts at or near their assigned posts which may be a threat to the property, clients, guests or employees at the site. Although essential activities may differ based on the facility at which they work, below are some of the standards:
- Ensure the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property
- Report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing
- Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client employees and guests
- Answer questions and assist guests and employees
- Answer phones or greet guests / employees in a professional, welcoming manner
Physical and Mental Functions:
- Safely respond to emergency incidents, fight fires, mitigate hazardous material incidents, rescue trapped persons in confined spaces, and administer basic life support (BLS) treatment.
- Able to perform firefighting duties including advancing hose lines, fire apparatus pump operations, safely operate power tools, climb ladders, and wear firefighter protective gear including self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) weighing approximately 70 pounds.
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift – may have to be wearing firefighter turnout gear and SCBA or Hazardous Materials Chemical Protective Suit
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 80 pounds
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
Qualified applicants for the EMT position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess or able to obtain Illinois Class B Driver’s License within 45 days of hire
- Must possess Illinois State Fire Marshal Office Certification in Firefighter II or Basic Firefighter Operations
- Health License as Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or higher
- Must have current CPR/AED Certification
- Must pass physical and Fit Test required for Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Must obtain and maintain annual Hazardous Materials Technician Certification (OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120)
- Must obtain and maintain annual Confined Space and Rope Rescue Certification (OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146)
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard;
- Neat and professional appearance
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.