Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EMT Fire Fighter - FT
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer
- Workdays Available
- Friday, Monday, Saturday, Sunday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Evening, Morning, Overnight
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted! ?You too can start with little, to no security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories. We have great part-time and flexible schedules! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is seeking a Full Time EMT/Fire Fighter to work in Brackenridge, PA.
Must be able to work:
Any Shift including weekends, working overtime as needed
The EMT/Fire Fighter is responsible for the safety and security of the facilities they protect. Our EMT/Fire Fighter’s also act as a visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; they detect and report suspicious, unsafe or criminal acts at or near their assigned posts which may be a threat to the property, clients, guests or employees at the site. Although essential activities may differ based on the facility at which they work, below are some of the standards:
- Ensure the facility is provided with high quality fire and security services to protect people and property
- Report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing
- Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client employees and guests
- Answer questions and assist guests and employees
- Answer phones or greet guests / employees in a professional, welcoming manner
- Respond to medical emergencies to provide medical treatment per BLS Protocols as part of an ALS Team
Physical and Mental Functions:
- Respond to and safely extinguish any/all fires.
- Maintain firefighting equipment.
- Must be willing to receive ongoing training and certifications.
- Must be able to wear Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Must be able to function on a Hazardous Materials Team
- Safely respond to emergency incidents and administer Basic Life Support (BLS) as part as an ALS Team.
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 50 pounds
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
- Must remain cooperative working in a full service department.
- Must be able to professionally work alone or together as a team
Qualified applicants for the EMT/Fire Fighter position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess and maintain Department of Public Health License as Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or higher
- Must possess training on the essentials of firefighting
- Must have current CPR/AED Certification
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard;
- Neat and professional appearance and remain clean shaven to accommodate wearing an SCBA face piece per OSHA standards
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.