Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Westminster Village
Maintains safe and secure environment for residents and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises also provides emergency medical services for residents and personnel.
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities:
- Secures premises by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points.
- Controls traffic using various devices such as radar; enforces reserved parking regulations.
- Answers calls and complaints involving a wide variety of emergency services such as fire alarms, smoke detectors, accidents, theft and basic assistance.
- Secures accident scenes, conducts preliminary investigations.
- Ensures facility is secure and safe; checks doors, windows, and lights, reports trip and fall hazards.
- Responds to all resident calls for emergency medical treatment and coordinates with 911 or on duty Nurse when appropriate.
- Provides basic first aid to employees as necessary.
- Completes detailed incident reports on all work related injuries.
- Completes incident and investigative reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and interviews with witnesses and/or complainant and conducts surveillance activities.
- Ensures that no unauthorized property is removed from the premises.
- Gives safety and security advice and general information to the residents.
- Attends regular training classes on security measures, first aid, emergency evacuations, safety and related subjects.
- Performs additional job tasks as required by Director and/or Lead.
- Education and Training
- High school graduate and/or GED
- CPR certified.
- EMT license - current and in good standing
- Full command of the English language.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a security or EMT-related field.
- Basic knowledge of methods, materials and equipment related to principles involved in the operation of security enforcement and crime prevention
- Basic knowledge of personnel policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of the function of a life care retirement facility.
- Prefer knowledge of computer (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel) programs.
- Current fingerprint clearance card.
- Current Security guard license in good standing through Arizona Department of Public Safety.
- Must be able to pass our internal background screening.