Wickenburg Community Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wickenburg Community Hospital
The ED Tech is responsible for assisting the RN with patient care of all patients presenting to the Emergency department.
***Day and Night Shifts available, must be flexible with schedule***
Essential Job Duties:
- Assists patients to rooms, has patient get undressed, provides blanket and give call light
- Gets full set of vital signs and applies continuous monitoring if indicated based on patient presentation
- Starts IV and obtains blood work as directed by RN
- Documents any procedures they themselves perform in the electronic health record
- Applies orthopedic devices as directed whether custom fitting or pre-made
- Arrange EMTALA transfers and document phone calls
- Perform tasks that require documentation on the Quality Calendar
- Answer call lights and report to nurse any patient concerns
- Maintains the self-respect, personal dignity, and physical safety of each resident
- Is an active team member in crisis situations
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned
- Performs additional tasks as requested by ED manager
- Duties as assigned by ED manager or RN on duty
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of recent experience as an ED Tech, EMT, MA or CNA
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in a Hospital or Emergency Room
- BLS Required
- ACLS preferred
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for up to 70% of the work day; must be able to lift, transfer, turn and position residents weighing up to 125 lbs. unassisted, or with the assistance of one for a resident weighing over 125 lbs. May be subjected to offensive odors and combative behavior. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally. May be exposed to communicable diseases including the HIV and HBV viruses. Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.
Please click on the link below to apply for the position.